We will endeavour to contact you within 48 hrs of your application however due to the high volume of CVs received, please consider your application unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days
Part Time Finance Assistant
Location: Nr Colchester
Details: The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of running a busy finance office including accounts payable, cash book, control account reconciliations, nominal ledger management, payroll preparation, statutory returns, filing, administration assistance, and providing cover for the Finance Manager as required.
Finance and Accountancy
- Entering invoices for payment, using the purchase ledger
- Preparing invoices for weekly payment and preparing BACS payments
- Posting invoices and expenses, reconciling accounts to, and maintenance of the nominal ledger
- Maintaining the purchase ledger
- Purchase ordering
- Reconciling accounts to credit card statements
- Maintaining the cash book, processing payments and reconciling cash book entries with nominal ledger and bank statements
- Payroll and payroll reconciliations
- Running end of month and end of year routines
- Reconciling all balance sheet control accounts and ensuring that any outstanding items are explained
- Maintaining schedules of fixed assets and loans
- Assistance in gathering departmental budgets and entering onto the accounts software.
- Strong payroll experience
- Excellent IT skills – in a full range of Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Be thorough and methodical, with a high attention to detail
Hours: 21 over 3 days
Salary: Competitive + benefits + parking – own transport recommended due to rural location
Location: Independent School near Colchester
Job type: Full time / permanent (including some weekends and out of hours as required)
Detail: A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a live in Site Manager based at a rural independent prep school set in 28 acres just north of Colchester. This is an integral role offering a wealth of variety, responsible for the day to day operational management, facilities, safety, and security of the site including a Grade II listed building.
Applicants will have previous experience in a similar hands on role leading a small, committed team. You will be hard working, practical, solutions driven, and reactive to issues as they arise.
The postholder must carry out the duties with full regard to Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Data Protection regulations.
- Supervise the Grounds person and coordinate various sub-contractors when required, issuing work permits, conducting site inductions and monitoring work undertaken
- Cover for the Grounds person in their absence
- Manage, coordinate and carry out works including improvements, alterations, repairs and maintenance around the buildings and grounds to a high standard, handling any problems as they arise
- Responsible for asset management, monitoring, re-stocking stores, and supervising deliveries
- Liaise and maintain relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Coordinating with senior management regarding resource requirements and general maintenance of the site
- Budget management
- Manage and oversee capital projects and a programme of rolling maintenance throughout the year, and help with preparation for school events
- Key holder, responsible for the site security, responding to activated fire or intruder alarms (day and night), as well as the security door systems
- Ensure compliance with H&S regulations, including fire regulations, site risk assessments, management of PPE / work equipment and contractors. Checking regularly for potential H&S issues and actioning solutions
- Responsible for overall coordination and management of site vehicles, including servicing, and fuel
- Point of contact for external bodies including Utility companies, Police, Fire and Local Authority
- Responding to facilities requests throughout the site within the set timeframe
Benefits: onsite accommodation, parking, pension scheme, and free lunches during term time
First interviews will take place w/c 5th October
Proposed handover beginning w/c 9th November
This position is subject to Enhanced DBS checks
Watch this space!