We will endeavour to contact you within 48 hrs of your application however due to the high volume of CVs received, please consider your application unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days
Details: Experienced Management Accountant required for a busy office, working on various company accounts.
- Producing monthly accounts
- Completing and filing VAT Returns / EC lists
- Reconciling balance sheet items
- Maintaining asset register
- Work with / oversee small accounts team
- Prepare forecasts/budgets
Ideal applicants will be part or fully ACCA / CIMA qualified. Must be pro-active, assertive with ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Assistant Project Manager
Details: Office based role within the Engineering Services team of a fast growing product design and manufacturer. The role will support the Project Managers in the co-ordination, planning, and delivery of high value projects.
- Supporting Project Managers with day to day activities
- Managing and coordinating with multiple partners to ensure sites are delivered to project plans
- Supporting with issue resolution and coordination of actions by partner
- Support with documentation and service quotations
- Coordinate tasks across the Project Management Team
- Maintain the Project Managers diaries and share with the business
- Act as a point of contact between internal Teams and site visit requests for resolution from internal stakeholders
- Offer a similar level of support for larger commercial as well as issue resolution for B2C complaints
- Take on the project management responsibility for smaller commercial projects with oversight from the Head of Engineering Services
- Support the commissioning process and cloud set up/demonstrations with customers if required.
- Support / coordinate other Engineering Services such as 3D designs and the other consultancy services.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience from working in a Project Management environment
- Strong ability to manage multiple parties and tasks
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in working with Project Plans / Gantt charts
Occasional travel to sites as required.
Hours: 37.5 hour week covering 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
Location: Independent School near Colchester
Job type: Full time / permanent (including some weekends and out of hours as required)
Detail: A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a live in Site Manager based at a rural independent prep school set in 28 acres just north of Colchester. This is an integral role offering a wealth of variety, responsible for the day to day operational management, facilities, safety, and security of the site including a Grade II listed building.
Applicants will have previous experience in a similar hands on role leading a small, committed team. You will be hard working, practical, solutions driven, and reactive to issues as they arise.
The postholder must carry out the duties with full regard to Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Data Protection regulations.
- Supervise the Grounds person and coordinate various sub-contractors when required, issuing work permits, conducting site inductions and monitoring work undertaken
- Cover for the Grounds person in their absence
- Manage, coordinate and carry out works including improvements, alterations, repairs and maintenance around the buildings and grounds to a high standard, handling any problems as they arise
- Responsible for asset management, monitoring, re-stocking stores, and supervising deliveries
- Liaise and maintain relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Coordinating with senior management regarding resource requirements and general maintenance of the site
- Budget management
- Manage and oversee capital projects and a programme of rolling maintenance throughout the year, and help with preparation for school events
- Key holder, responsible for the site security, responding to activated fire or intruder alarms (day and night), as well as the security door systems
- Ensure compliance with H&S regulations, including fire regulations, site risk assessments, management of PPE / work equipment and contractors. Checking regularly for potential H&S issues and actioning solutions
- Responsible for overall coordination and management of site vehicles, including servicing, and fuel
- Point of contact for external bodies including Utility companies, Police, Fire and Local Authority
- Responding to facilities requests throughout the site within the set timeframe
Benefits: onsite accommodation, parking, pension scheme, and free lunches during term time
First interviews will take place w/c 5th October
Proposed handover beginning w/c 9th November
This position is subject to Enhanced DBS checks
Watch this space!